Search This Blog

Monday 7 January 2013

new soup

I am a soup fiend. I love making and eating good soup. As winter fully buries us, I am bummed that my immersion blender is broken (what did I expect? I got it for $3 at a garage sale!) and am on the lookout for a new one.

Isaac and I are both so busy right now -- he's holding down two part time jobs and is a full-time student, while I'm student teaching full-time and working part-time. I hate it when we're both busy and we end up eating junk, so on Sunday I went to the Halifax Farmer's Market and purchased two frozen homemade soups.

We had the seafood chowder last night, and today I am trying the other flavour: beet parsnip pear soup! A different combo to be sure, but the vendor told me that it's one of her most popular soups -- people come back for it week after week.

Now I'm sitting here eating the beet-parsnip-pear concoction, and it's good! I'm going to have to find a recipe, because I'm curious to try to make it myself. It probably wouldn't be soup that I'd make often, but it's a different flavour to have once in awhile.

Some of my other favourite soups to make/freeze/eat:


  • Carrot ginger soup (sooo cheap to make!) 
  • Butternut squash soup
  • Cream of broccoli with cheddar
  • Good old chicken or turkey noodle soup 
  • Chili 

I pinned a recipe on Pinterest for a cauliflower soup, and I also need to try to make borscht ... maybe the same day I attempt beet parsnip pear soup :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment