Search This Blog

Wednesday 13 February 2013

apple sweet potato pork chops

I had a sweet potato, two pork chops, and a bunch of apples that were going to go bad. I went online to look up a recipe for apple pork chops. I found a recipe with sweet potato as well and tweaked it. It's soooo easy and delicious! Isaac -- a man of few words -- complimented it a few times.


  • Put 2 pork chops in a Corningware dish 
  • Sprinkle the chops with salt and pepper to taste
  • Peel, core and slice one apple -- place the pieces over the pork chops
  • Add a layer of sliced onion (one onion) 
  • Peel and slice the sweet potato and layer it on top
  • Sprinkle with salt and pepper
  • Sprinkle with about 2-3 tablespoons of brown sugar
  • Bake at 375 degrees for about 1 hour 
Tip: Remember to slice apples thicker (because they cook faster and could turn to complete mush) and slice the onion and sweet potato (especially the sweet potato!) thinner so that it will cook within the hour. 

I prepared this the day before and kept it in the fridge so I could just throw it in the oven the next day. It turned out moist and juicy -- Isaac thought I had made a maple syrup sauce. 

I love dishes that 1) I can prepare ahead of time, 2) are one-dish meals and 3) I can layer and not measure exactly :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment