Search This Blog

Tuesday 4 December 2012

DIY hair clip holder

What do you make for a family with three little girls? They already have an abundance of books, toys, clothes, and hair clips. Something to organize their little girl things, that's what!


I made this hair clip holder for my nieces. Because I had extra material around the apartment, I only had to buy a funky frame ($2 at a garage sale) and some pretty ribbon. I designed it to (hopefully) match the colours of their home.

Step 1. Get a cool frame and remove the glass.
Step 2. Choose a piece of fabric and staple it to the cardboard in the picture frame.
Step 3. Choose some matching ribbon and staple a few strips vertically over the fabric (staple only on the back of the cardboard).
Step 4. Put the cardboard back in the frame, fabric side facing out.
Step 5. Voila! Add some hair clips for a unique, economical, and practical gift!

I hope they like it!


No comments:

Post a Comment